Thursday 16 September 2010

Mosaics in Morocco

I plan to make references to the beautiful mosaics in Morocco and Islam culture when looking into the Elephant's child story and explore the crocodile and reptile skin. By creating pockets in the knit I can insert my own mosaic pieces to create vibrant patterns. These could be made out of bonded fabric/quilted fabric pieces/or my own fimo pieces. Further embellishment can be added on top with fimo pieces. I can also combine this with heavy embroidery/applique on top of the samples. I could also experiment with fabric paint, beading and other embellishments, for example using more unusual materials such as plastics. Perhaps by knitting very small shapes this could be appliqued together in sections to create a mosaic like patchwork. By creating small pockets on the machine and filling with carefully selected colours and shapes I could create a 3D intarsia like structure. I would need to plan and work this out carefully before, calculating how many needles exactly, and colours and shapes to add into the pockets.
Fez Seamless Pattern Royalty Free Stock Vector Art IllustrationKhemisset Complex Seamless Pattern Royalty Free Stock Vector Art IllustrationKhemisset Star Seamless Pattern Royalty Free Stock Vector Art Illustration
100464097, Hisham Ibrahim /Photographer's Choice RFKhemisset Seamless Tile Royalty Free Stock Vector Art Illustration

No comments: